Our residents are supported in the following ways:
- All of our homes are fully furnished, fully decorated, and include towels, linens, a fully stocked kitchen etc.
- Laundry facilities are provided free of charge and are stocked with laundry soap, stain remover and fabric softener.
- “Fourth Week Pantry” is provided by our auxiliary and blesses our moms with fresh fruits and vegetables along with lean meats on the fourth week of every month.
- We take care of necessary adult tutoring.
- Select activities for the children are provided for annually. (i.e. ballet, kids inc, music…)
-We help our families experience the joys of Christmas.
- Utilities are paid for.
- And much more…
Our Moms Agree to the Following:
- To be a great role model for their children.
- Be ready to leave homelessness and poverty through their desire to achieve an education, and get off of the government system.
- Make the best grades possible, at least a 2.0 or higher while maintaining a part-time job.
- They must be on HUD, the FIT program, or secure private sponsorship in order to pay their rent.
- To set aside the time while in Eveline’s Sunshine Cottage to focus on children and education, leaving dating relationships behind, realizing they can gain stability to stand on their own two feet first and then focus on a relationship.
- Keep homes well maintained and clean.
- Moms must be able to qualify for student loans or have secured funding for college expenses (including books, tuition, fees, etc.).
- Must enroll and complete 12 semester hours of school during spring and fall semesters and 6 semester hours during the summer.
- Our Cottages are alcohol free and drug free environments.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to become a resident of Eveline’s Sunshine Cottage, a written, detailed autobiography must first be submitted. Please tell your story (from birth to present day) of where you have been, where you are now, and where you would like to be. This must be more than 3 paragraphs.
Please mail completed autobiography to:
Eveline’s Sunshine Cottage
PO Box 50974
Amarillo, TX 79102
Or you may email it to:
For questions call 806-803-9357